Health & Safety
The health and safety of our guests, property owners, and employees is at the core of what we do. MPP is an industry leader in this regard. Read more about our specific policies and procedures here.
Health & Housekeeping Standards
We continue to implement and upgrade our housekeeping standards, cleaning materials, and safety systems to be at the forefront of the vacation rental industry.
We have worked tirelessly to recruit and build a superior team of skilled and dedicated housekeepers and operations professionals, ensuring that the highest levels of cleanliness and safety are personified in every facet of our operations.
In this new world with COVID-19, we have greatly increased our disinfecting protocols and tools. MPP uses only EPA approved and CDC recommended products for our cleaning staff and laundry facility to manage the quality of every step, in every unit. We also have the only certified vacation rentals Safety Inspectors in Hawaii, creating an environment of cleanliness, safety, and comfort for our owners, guests, and staff.
MPP is part of the Vacation Rentals Management Association, Vacation Housekeeping Rental Association, Marriott’s Homes and Villas property rentals, and Marriott’s Cleaning Council, which combined with their partner Echo labs, oversees our processes, procedures, and product standards to make sure we are consistently on the leading edge.
Moving forward all departure cleans will include the following:
- The use of EPA “Emerging Viral Pathogens AND Human Coronavirus” products for use against SARS-CoV-2
- Full disinfectant cleaning attention and processes on every property clean, including chemical wait times
- Fresh, commercially laundered sheets, linens, towels at every turn to make sure the right cleaning and disinfecting chemicals are being used and at the right temperature, so they are activated during the washing process
- Extra sanitization on common touchpoint areas (door handles, light switches, remote controls, and railings, to name a few) as recommended by the CDC guidelines on cleaning and disinfecting
- Housekeeper scheduling to make sure adequate time for cleaning
- All members to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during cleaning and sanitization
- Training on disposition or disinfection of all PPE after each use and use of hand sanitizer and washing protocols
- Check-in audit and pictures before all arrivals to verify unit condition
- Electrostatic spraying as a final requirement before you arrive
While there is no universal standard yet for safety in vacation rental units – state, county, and city codes vary greatly across the country – we know that safety is of the utmost importance to our guests and property owners. That’s why we have partnered with Breezeway, a company at the forefront of defining safety standards across the vacation rental and hospitality industry.
MPP has implemented meticulous safety protocols rooted in technology and training. Our service managers are “Certified Short-Term Rental Safety Inspectors” through Breezeway’s Dwell Safe program. We are the only company in Hawaii, and one of just a few throughout the USA, to have certified our inspectors.
Our goal is to identify and correct potential safety issues before they arise. We have a designated “Safety Manager” on staff with responsibility for:
- Presenting weekly, monthly, and annual safety education to all staff
- Communicating safety policies and guidelines to staff and property owners
- Evaluating practices, procedures, and properties to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Coordinating and tracking monthly and annual safety inspections of properties
- Tailoring property-specific safety requirements for each vacation rental unit
- Utilizing a safety checklist from Breezeway/Dwell Safe
- Unit reviews with Breezeway’s safety experts identifying key life-safety and injury prevention items, such as:
|Bedroom Egress||Fire Extinguishers|
|Smoke Detectors||Condo-Association related items|
|CO Detectors||Property Emergency Cards|
|Slips, Trips & Falls||Pool Fences, Alarms & Protection|
|Hot Tub/Spa Covers & Locks||Furniture|
|Dryer Vents||Railing Heights & Handrails|
By taking these steps, MPP is ensuring a safer environment for our guests, reducing liability for our property owners, and creating a better overall vacation rental experience.