At Maui Paradise Properties, our number one concern is the health and safety of our guests, owners, and employees. We want to make you aware of the additional steps that we are taking to defend against Covid-19. We are closely monitoring developments and adjusting our processes accordingly so please check this page often for the latest updates.
Flexible Booking Policy
- You are allowed 100% credit toward a future stay or you may cancel minus a $99.99 processing fee, as long as you do so at least 60 days before your check-in date.
- If it is less than 60 days from your arrival and you are unable to travel due to local Covid-19 restrictions, either at home or on Maui, you are allowed a one-time 100% credit toward a future stay with a check-in date within 15 months. $99.99 processing fee applies. Proof of restriction required. Covid-19 negative testing is required by the state of Hawaii and not having your results available upon arrival is not considered a restriction or cancellable event.
*Luxury properties and custom homes have separate cancellation policies. Inquire for more information.
Travel Insurance with Covid Coverage
For cancellations due to Covid-19 illness in your travel party or family, we recommend our Covid-19 travel insurance that will provide cancellation refunds to you and your party.
Protect your payments should you need to cancel. We encourage all guests to purchase travel insurance which can protect you and your travel companions for issues, among others, related to:
- Rental car damage
- Medical issues
- Covid-19 illness of you or a family member
- Baggage and personal property loss
- Job loss
We make it easy to add travel insurance when you book your accommodations through our website. You may also purchase directly by clicking here.
Guidelines for Travelers to Maui County
All travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state, who wish to avoid the 14-day quarantine, are required to get a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their trip and to show proof of a negative test result UPON ARRIVAL at the airport. Anyone who arrives without their negative test result in-hand will be required to complete the 14-day quarantine, regardless of whether the result becomes available after leaving the airport.
Travelers to Maui County from any destination outside of Maui County:
- Must complete: Hawaii’s mandatory travel & health form here.
- Must provide: a negative pre-departure test result ON ARRIVAL to be exempt from Hawaii’s 14-day mandatory travel quarantine.
To request a quarantine exemption:
- Within 72 hours prior to your departure flight to Maui County, take a test with an approved State of Hawaii partner – approved list here.
- Complete Hawaii’s mandatory travel & health form here.
If your pre-departure test result is:
- Negative: you’re exempt from quarantine.
- Positive: you should not travel to Maui County.
- Not yet available when you arrive: you must quarantine at your lodging until the State verifies your negative result.
Limited Quarantine Exemptions
- Available for essential (CISA) workers and medical appointments.
- Submit requests here.
Voluntary post-arrival test
Take a free, voluntary test 72 hours after arriving in Maui County and get a Kama’aina First Mahalo Card for great discounts at hundreds of participating local venders! You must have taken the pre-travel test to qualify. More info here.
Health and Safety Guidance
We all must do our part to limit the spread of Covid-19 by following these important preventative steps and rules set forth by the County of Maui Public Health Department.
Residents and visitors must:
- Wear face masks in public
- No social gatherings of more than 10 people
- Keep at least 6 feet away from others
- If you’re sick, stay at your home or hotel
Practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap regularly and thoroughly
- If you don’t have access to soap, use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid contact with sick people and stay home and seek medical attention if you, yourself feel ill
MPP has implemented meticulous safety protocols rooted in technology and training. Our service managers are “Certified Short-Term Rental Safety Inspectors” through Breezeway’s Dwell Safe program. We are the only company in Hawaii, and one of just a few throughout the USA, to have certified our inspectors. You can read more about our rigorous safety standards here.
Minimized Person-to-Person Contact
Vacation rental properties often have the advantage of privacy and a reduced need for person-to-person contact. Furthermore, most of our homes are fitted with lockboxes or smart locks that allow guests to check-in and out independently, without interfacing face-to-face with people.
If you have exposure to Covid-19 on your vacation
If you believe you are at risk of exposure during your trip at any point, please contact MPP so we can take appropriate measures to protect potential guests and employees. You can contact our team at 808-214-1011 or email@example.com
Contact the Department of Health’s COVID-19 Task Force with any questions or clarification of guidelines at 808-468-9952. The COVID-19 Task Force will be best equipped to provide the most up to date information.
Below are links to other resources you might find helpful.
- Maui County
- Hawaii State Department of Health – Covid 19
- Governor Ige’s Emergency Proclamations
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
We are closely monitoring any developments related to Covid-19 and will update this page accordingly. Please always check with official state and county websites as well (noted above) to ensure you are getting the most up to date information.